Happy birthday to me! My Dell XPS 600 arrived last Tuesday, and I have been consumed with it since (this is the reason why I have not been posting for the last week). After depending on my Voodoo m:855 Gamebook for the last three years as my primary gaming rig, I have upgraded to this very powerful desktop. Specs include:
- Intel Pentium 4 Extreme Edition Dual Core Processor 630 (3.20GHz, 800FSB) with HT Technology and 2MB cache.
- 2GB Ram (DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz)
- Dual 256MB Nvidia GeForce Video Cards (7800GTX with SLI Technology)
- Dual 250GB ATA Hard Drives
- 24 inch UltraSharp Widescreen Digital Flat Panel Monitor
- Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic (D), w/Dolby® Digital 5.1 Audio Card
- Logitech Z5500 500 Watt 5.1 Digital Surround Speakers w/control pod
- ZBoard Gaming Keyboard (with Battlefield 2 Limited Edition Interchangeable Keyset)
Two words……HOLY CRAP! I think Dell should offer nuclear missile silo’s as an add on accessory. The best thing about this rig, outside of its specs, was the price. When I priced it out via Dell’s website, It was $6,299. However, I was able to purchase it through my firm and receive our corporate discount which brought the price down too $3,498.